Child and Dependent Care Information for Kansans


Do I qualify for the child care credit?

Kansas residents claiming the credit for child and dependent care expenses on their Federal return are eligible to claim a child care credit on the Kansas income tax return. The amount of the Kansas child care credit is 25% of the federal income tax or 25 percent of the federal child and dependent care credit, whichever is smaller.

Nonresidents cannot claim the Kansas credit for child and dependent care expenses.


Table of Contents