Need help paying back child support to the state?

Kansas has a program to help parents who are behind in child support payments owed to the state of Kansas! 

The "Child Support Savings Incentive (CSSI) Program" will serve parents by writing two dollars off their past due child support debt to the state for every dollar the parent puts into the CSSI Program account.

College fund for your child

The money in the CSSI account will be used for higher education expenses for the child, or in other words, will be a college fund.

The account is established in the Learning Quest 529 Education Savings Program and is administered by the Kansas State Treasurer.  

This program is only for minor children of non-custodial parents owing back child support to the state.

Applicants are encouraged to apply at any time. Once approved, the parent will receive written confirmation in the mail from Kansas Child Support Services.

The State of Kansas, Department for Children and Families will be listed as the account owner with the child as the beneficiary.

If you want to learn more details about the program, click here.

If you have questions, you can contact Child Support Services at (913) 826-7471.

Here is a flyer that explains the program.


Is it a crime to fail to pay child support?



Table of Contents