"Got Medical Debt?" Free Workshop in Topeka October 8
An expert panel will discuss:
- · Timeline of how and when debts in default are turned over for collection;
- · what recourse people may have once the debt is in collections; and
- · steps to avoid collections.
Who should attend?
- is paying out-of-pocket co-payments.
- has adult children “aging out of” a parent’s insurance.
- has medical bills in collection.
- has wage garnished for medical debt.
Alice Weingartner, Director of Community Development, GraceMed Health Clinic
Todd Butler, Attorney, Butler & Associates, P.A., Topeka
Rogers Brazier, Certified Counselor, HCCI
Cynthia Stortz, Financial Supervisor, Stormont-Vail Health
HCCI understands - coping with medical bills is tough, especially if you are not well. All attending qualify for a free credit report review and counsel from HCCI.
Call: 800-383-0217 or visit us at www.hcci-ks.org.
Presented by HCCI, Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner and the Topeka-Shawnee County Public Library