Small Claims Court

See All Topics
What can you tell me about small claims? Small claims are civil lawsuits that do not exceed $4000.00 in dispute. You must represent yourself in small claims and you cannot have an attorney represent you in the case. The claim must be for the recovery of money or personal property. Forms for filing small claims are available at the clerk’s office. If a judgment is granted the court does not facilitate the collection of the judgment.
Explains the process and guidelines for small claims court.  Here is the link to the brochure, provided by the Attorney General's office and the Kansas Bar Association.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.