See All Topics
This page will provide information for parents who are unmarried and need court orders to establish parenting time, custody and child support.  A paternity suit is brought when a Court order is needed to identify the father of a child. This legal action allows the court to order child support and make orders about parenting time. Paternity issues may arise under some of the following circumstances:
Wrong Father’s Name on the Birth Certificate Question: I signed the birth certificate of a child thinking she was mine.  I have since learned that the child is not mine. The mother has filed for child support and I had papers served on me. Is there anything I can do to get my name taken off the birth certificate? What should I do now?   A review of Kansas law related to paternity is here.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.