Identity Theft

See All Topics
This is information is provided by the Kansas Department of Labor -- Identity Theft in Unemployment Claims NOTE: If you receive an end-of-the-year tax form (i.e., Form 1099) from the Kansas Department of Labor, or any other state, that lists unemployment insurance compensation for which you DID NOT apply and which you did not receive -- that could mean that you are a victim of identity theft. 
Blog from the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
If you know exactly what you are looking for, you can put your search term into the search box on this website. If you aren't sure what you need, the Guide below will ask you questions and help you narrow down what you are looking for. The arrow at the bottom left will take you back one page. The circular arrow will take you back to the beginning.              
NEW: Identity theft victims can now go get a free, custom identity theft recovery plan through the Federal Trade Commission’s website. The new one-stop website works with the FTC’s consumer complaint system, allowing consumers who are victims of identity theft to quickly file a complaint with the FTC. Then they can get a custom guide to recovery that helps simplify many of the steps involved.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.