PFA Tips & Tricks: Part 3: After Court- What to Do Now?
PFA Tips & Tricks (Guide)
This guide is meant to help people going to court for either a PFA (Protection From Abuse) or a PFS (Protection From Stalking).
It is divided into 3 pages/parts:
You are now on Part 3: After Court- What to Do Now?
► Please be sure to read ALL THREE parts of this guide to make sure you are as prepared as possible going into court.
► It is also VERY important to read part 3 after court and safety plan to make sure you remain safe, no matter the outcome of your court date.
PFA Tips & Tricks: Part 3/3: After Court- What to Do Now?
- KLS has written a pamphlet specifically about safety planning in regards to PFA actions.
- It can be accessed at http://www.kansaslegalservices.org/node/184/pfa-safety-planning
- Please review the Safety Planning handout before completing the PFA forms provided by the courts.
- It may be hard to think about some of the aspects relating to safety planning. They do, after all, have something to do with avoiding your abuser. But having a plan makes taking action easier in the event something happens. It’s always good to be prepared.
- If you have kids, make sure to share your plan with them if they are involved.
- Share your plan with the necessary people, like who you would call if you were in trouble, or where you would stay.
- Be one step ahead!