Child Support

See All Topics
If you know exactly what you are looking for, you can put your search term into the search box on this website. If you aren't sure what you need, the Guide below will ask you questions and help you narrow down what you are looking for. The arrow at the bottom left will take you back one page. The circular arrow will take you back to the beginning.              
Leland Cox, Managing Attorney Counties served: Douglas, Jefferson, Osage, Shawnee, Wabaunsee  
The 2016 Kansas Child Support guidelines give some sample shared expense plans.  
Wrong Father’s Name on the Birth Certificate Question: I signed the birth certificate of a child thinking she was mine.  I have since learned that the child is not mine. The mother has filed for child support and I had papers served on me. Is there anything I can do to get my name taken off the birth certificate? What should I do now?   A review of Kansas law related to paternity is here.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.