Kansas Adult Name Change


There are two ways to change your name in Kansas: You can either petition for a change of name or ask for your former name to be restored to you as part of a divorce. 

The PDF guide pictured below outlines the two options.

You can access the PDF by clicking HERE. 

Read more about Gender Marker Change in Kansas here.

Name change for minors (under 18) information here.

Name Change Forms

  • To easily complete the forms needed to change your name, KLS has gathered the following resources concerning name change in Kansas.
  • KLS has also created an interactive interview to assist in filling out the forms.
    • The interactive interview is indicated by the  symbol.
      • Kansas Legal Services provides forms as a service to low income Kansans. Forms are easy to use and interactive.
      • They will ask you easy-to-answer questions and will auto fill documents you need for filing or responding to legal actions in Kansas district courts based on your answers.


Kansas Name Change Forms and Interview:

→ For more information on interactive forms, visit Free Legal Forms.


Pamphlet on Adult Name Change


Last updated on .
How helpful do you find the information on this page?
Please tell us why this page wasn't helpful
About text formats

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Table of Contents


    News & publications

    The news about recent activities for needed peoples.

    More News

    6 Apr 2024

    black man with phone

    Kansas Elder Hotline - Free Legal Advice for Seniors

    Did you know Kansas residents age 60 or older might have free legal…

    Continue Reading

    6 Mar 2024


    Job Opportunities at Kansas Legal Services

    PARALEGAL - PRO BONO ASSISTANT - WICHITA Kansas Legal Services seeks a full…

    Continue Reading

    Our Partners

    LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.