Name Change

See All Topics

Name change for adults and minors, changing on birth certificate and driver's license. 

To find out about name change and gender marker change, go to Topic: Gender Issues
Guidance for Pro Se Minor Name Changes   This guide is intended to help people residing in Kansas legally change the name of a minor child without the representation of an attorney.
Guide There are two ways to change your name in Kansas: You can either petition for a change of name or ask for your former name to be restored to you as part of a divorce.  The PDF guide pictured below outlines the two options.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.