Kansas Protection Order Portal Upgrades
The upgraded Kansas Protection Order Portal is live statewide. The upgraded portal includes these changes:
- Petitions are delivered to eFlex courts via eFiling rather than email. Instruction sheets for processing cases via eFlex for CCMS and FullCourt courts are on the judicial branch intranet.
- The portal can be viewed in Spanish. Petitioners can select this option using a drop-down menu below the “Safely Exit” button.
- Petitioners can notify the court if they need an interpreter at the protection order hearing. If one is requested, the court will receive a form with that information.
- Key form fields have been modified to make petitions easier to read.
- Resources are available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, to help petitioners understand the process:
- Protection order flowchart that provides an overview of the steps in the process;
- How to use KPOP video; and
- What Happens at your Protection Hearing video.
Kansas Judicial Council protection order form updates
The Judicial Council recently published updates to some of the protection order forms. Relevant changes have been integrated with the protection order portal. Updated forms are:
- Protection from Abuse
- Protection from Stalking, Sexual Assault, and Human Trafficking