- If possible, you should always talk to an attorney for help with your legal issues.
- The tools and help you get from these interactive court forms are not a substitute for legal advice. The laws and court rules are complex. Following instructions and using the forms provided to you will not secure a positive result. It is always wise to talk to a lawyer about your problem before continuing on your own.
Options other than Self Help (pro se):
- If you are a low-income Kansan with a civil legal problem then you may qualify for free legal help.
- If you cannot afford to hire an attorney to represent you, you may be able to pay a lawyer to give you advice and review your paperwork for a lesser cost.
- Limited scope representation allows you to select the services you wish to pay an attorney to assist with and which you wish to do yourself.