Social Security

See All Topics

Many resources to help you with social security issues.

The following information is for people who got a Notice of Overpayment from the Social Security Administration (SSA). The information is from a website called Learn the that is information put together by Statewide Legal Services, and Center for Computer-Assisted Learning (CALI) to help people with common legal aid problems.
Individuals released from incarceration may be eligible for Social Security retirement, survivors, or disability benefits if you have worked or paid into Social Security enough years or Supplemental Security Income benefits if you are 65 or older, or are blind, or have a disability and have little or no income and resources.
Have you lost SSI, Social Security disability, or retirement benefits because of a  PROBATION or PAROLE VIOLATION WARRANT? In April 2012 in the class action lawsuit Clark v. Astrue, the court ordered the Social Security Administration (SSA) to change its policies – SSA can no longer deny benefits to people based solely on an outstanding probation or parole violation warrant.  Who is affected by this court order?
This affidavit can be filed pre or post judgment in a court action.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.