Legal Questions and Answers

See All Topics
In 2012, the White House and the U.S. Department of Justice launched the Legal Aid Interagency Roundtable (Roundtable) to raise Federal agencies’ awareness of how civil legal aid can help low income people. Ways the Federal agencies can help include:
  CitizenshipWorks! Who is Citizenshipworks for? Citizenshipworks is for residents of the United States who are eligible to apply for naturalization. They must show that:
Candace Bridgess, Managing Attorney Counties served:  Barton, Cheyenne, Decatur, Ellis, Gove, Graham, Logan, Ness, Norton, Osborne, Phillips, Rawlins, Rooks, Rush, Russell, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Thomas, Trego, Wallace
Becky Hesse, Managing Attorney  Counties served: Clark, Comanche, Edwards, Finney, Ford, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Kiowa, Lane, Meade, Morton, Pawnee, Scott, Seward, Stanton, Stevens, Wichita
   What if I get sued?  What if I want a divorce?   What if I've had my identity stolen?   Here are a few frequently asked legal questions and their common sense answers. Just click on the topic below that interests you.
Limited Scope Representation In Kansas: How To Use An Attorney As You Represent Yourself In Court Adapted from a document prepared by the Supreme Court Committee on Self Represented Litigants (6/25/08)   What is limited scope representation? Limited scope representation means that you and your attorney agree that you will do some of the tasks related to your case, and the attorney will do others. 
KLS Central Intake Line  316-267-3975 Phones are answered 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Best times to call If you call before 9 a.m. or between 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m., you will have the shortest waiting time.
Watch this short video about the first step to getting help   NOTE:  Call 316-267-3975, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to apply for legal assistance. Use online application between 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. the next weekday morning (M - F), and on weekends and holidays. The First Step to Getting Help
The Office of the Attorney General gives info for victims of crimes. If someone was charged with a crime against you, this is what you can expect from the prosecutors' office. Often, the prosecutor will have someone in their office whose duty it is to talk with you and helping you with the process.  Kansas Crime Victims Bill of Rights
Do you know your rights when charged with a crime? Here's a good place to look at your rights and how to use them. Criminal Defense Tips for Kansans

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.