See All Topics
This policy describes the steps for clients to use when they have a complaint with or about Kansas Legal Services.   Posted 01/22/2020.
Kansas Human Rights Commission website focused on discriminatory practices, particularly in employment and public accommodations. Provides information on filing a complaint. It is important to note that you do not need a KHRC finding of discrimination to proceed with a lawsuit, but their complaint process will often do most of the work in collecting evidence for a discrimination case.  http://www.khrc.net/resources.html
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older from employment discrimination based on age. The ADEA's protections apply to both employees and job applicants. Under the ADEA, it is unlawful to discriminate against a person because of his/her age with respect to any term, condition, or privilege of employment -- including, but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, layoff, compensation, benefits, job assignments, and training.  http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/age.html
The Kansas Human Rights Commission site has complaint forms if you feel you are facing discrimination in housing, employment or public accommodations.  http://www.khrc.net/complaint.html
File a discrimination complaint with HUD. https://portal.hud.gov/FHEO903/Form903/Form903Start.action

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.